1. When you use sour cream more than ketchup.
2. When your parents come to visit for 3 weeks and you all stay in a one bedroom apartment
3. When feeding your guests is your main priority even if they claim they're not hungry and in which case you get slightly offended/upset that they don't want your hospitality.
4. When someone says that Hungarian "is like Russian and all those other Slavic languages," and then you have to go into great detail about the origins of Hungarian with a scolding history lesson.
5. When Paprika is just as important as salt & pepper on the table & in food.
6. When you know what Unikum is and prefer it over Jagermeister
7. When it's shocking for you to realize that TV channels of foreign countries don't broadcast full live coverage of kayak/canoe and water-polo world championships on prime time.
8. When you tell someone that you are Hungarian, they ask "Are you hungry?" Then you congratulate them on being the millionth person to say that to you.
9. When you've heard, "If you're hungry, why not go to Turkey?" at least once in your life.
10. When you have at least one relative who's named Attila. Or József. Or János. Or László. Or István.
11. When half of your mothers friends husbands have the name József.
12. When you know that the "goulash" you see in many restaurants has in actuality little/nothing to do with the gulyás leves we really eat.